If you've visited our church recently, you know that True North is continuing to grow and that we are, in fact, out of room. We've been putting it off for a couple of years now, but there's no avoiding it any longer. It's time for us to Make Space.
Our church has launched a $2 million dollar generousity campaign, to finish out our main auditorium and increase the size of our kid's ministry spaces and staff offices. The number sounds intimidating, but our church is now of a size where if everyone does their part, we'll be there before we know it.
The Make Space generosity campaign has three goals:
- To keep fulfilling our mission of "Finding our place in the God's amazing Story." We do this by honoring God, loving others, and serving all. In order for us to do this effectively, we need to make space for the many people He's sending us.
- To expand the auditorium's seating capacity. Our current room seats 350 people (a maximum of 1400 people across all 4 services.) God willing, the new auditorium will allow for more space to seat everyone comfortably. In addition, we will also increase the amount of space dedicated to our children's ministries and staff offices.
- To use some of the funds raised to sponsor a new church plant in Ecuador, in partnership with Compassion International and Stadia Church Planting. We believe God is telling a vast, amazing story that points to how wonderful He is. It's so much bigger than any of our individual lives - or even this individual church. So we are tithing (giving 10%) of the Make Space funds to build a church in Ecuador. As we build our church, we will also help to build theirs.
In a few short years, our church has expanded from 300 people to more than 1400 people on a typical Sunday. And that number is growing quickly! We've already hit our maximum seating capacity and have had peak, non-holiday Sundays when we didn't ahve a seat left in the building (over 1700 people)! We want to make sure that there is enough space so that anyone who wants to connect with God here can do so - any Sunday of the year. We also want you to feel comfortable knowing there is room to bring a friend or family member. For that to happen, we have to start now.
To learn more about this initative, you can check out the sermon podcasts, booklet, and videos:
- Make Space Sermon Podcasts
- Make Space Booklet
- Make Space Video
- Make Space - Ecuador Video 1 (Meeting with Pastor Tito & visiting the future Church-plant site)
- Make Space - Ecuador Video 2 (What the Compassion International & Stadia project will be - with our help)
If you are moved to join us on this journey, we first ask that you PRAY about what God wants you to do. We are grateful to each and every person who joins us - no matter how large or small the gift. What matters is the love that fuels that act of generosity.
To determine how much you much space to make in your budget above your normal giving, this chart shows how a weekly or monthly gift of any size adds up over time.
If you would like to make a commitment to this campaign, you can provide a statement of intent to give by completing an online commitment form.
To give your gift to Make Space. You can do so the following ways:
- Online: Go to http://www.truenorthchurch.net/give and click the “Make Space” button. To setup a recurring gift, just click the “Recurring Gift” tab at the top of the Make Space giving page.
- In Person: Write “Make Space” in the memo of your check or designate “Make Space” as the Fund on your offering envelope, and drop it in the offering bucket on Sunday.
- By Mail: Send a check with “Make Space” in the memo to True North Community Church at PO Box 469, Bohemia, NY 11716.
God is doing amazing things, and every single one of you is a part of it. On behalf of all the people this new endeavor will reach for Christ both here on Long Island and in Ibarra, Ecuador – Thank You!
-- Pastor Bert